WHAT DOES VATAT CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons VATAT Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
|Does VATAT Credit Unions share?
|Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your credit worthiness
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
Call toll-free 1-800-777-1825 or email email@example.com
Who we are?
Who is providing this notice?
- VATAT Credit Union
What we do
How does VATAT Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does VATAT Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or deposit money
- apply for a loan or pay your loans
We also collect your personal information from other companies such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes
- information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- – VATAT Credit Union has no affiliates
- Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you, for example Insurance Companies.
Other important information
If you have a problem with the services provided by this credit union, please contact us at: VATAT Credit Union
614 E. 12th Street Austin, TX 78702
The credit union is incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas and under state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Credit Union Department. If any dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may also file a complaint against the credit union by contacting the Texas Credit Union Department at 914 East Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78752-1699, Telephone Number: (512) 837-9236, Website: www.cud.texas.gov.